Unity in motion
The Tactical Command and Control System is a C2 solution for situations where good manoeuvrability is critical. It offers an effective solution for managing fire distribution and for maintaining situational awareness, whilst not requiring stationary facilities for operation.
With the tactical C2 system, it is possible to command both the sensors and the firing units in order to detect and intercept threatening targets effectively.
A precise situation picture can be formed by merging the local sensors situation pictures (LAP) with the external situation picture (RAP). This single integrated situation picture can be then be delivered to the firing units.
Solution of local level
This solution is especially intended for local tactical command and control which typically has the following characteristics:
Command and Control close to the battle field
- Local tactical C2 must be able to move troops, and if required, stay fully operational during the transfer
- Available operating facilities vary according to the situation and therefore it is necessary that the system is able to adapt to different circumstances by being highly customizable
- Desktop C2-facilities with multiple monitors
- Moving C2-vehicle
- Temporary C2-facilities, for example command tent or open terrain
- Environmental distractions, such as the sunlight or movement of the vehicle, must not prevent the user from using the system
In fast-paced combat situations reaction times are short
- Local combat situations can be over in a few seconds and therefore the capability to react quickly is critical
Information is always as up-to-date as possible
- Information needed for critical decision making is available immediately without any use of complicated user interfaces
- Non mission critical information can be filtered away in order to maintain the situation awareness
Maintaining operational capability with unreliable data connections
- Data communication is typically based on slow and interfered radio connections, so an efficient message based communication solution optimized for low bandwidth is necessary
- Ability to use multiple back-up connections improves the combat durability and makes it possible to stay operational in transit
- By prioritising the information, the most valuable information is always delivered with a minimum delay
- Software based encryption solution ensures the confidentiality and integrity of the information
- Modular architecture extends the lifecycle of the system by making it easily extensible and allowing for cost effective maintenance
Compatibility with international systems and standards
- Supported standards include JREAP, Link 16, Link 22, Link 1, LLAPI, APP-6A, MIL-2525B, ADatP-3 and ADatP-35
- The Tactical Command and Control System can be integrated with a NATO C2 system to allow for situational picture and command exchange.